How to apply for U.S Passport or Renew, Fess, check Status Online

Applying for a U.S. passport or check the status, but do not know how to apply for a U.S. passport or how to renew a U.S. passport So please read all this informative article.

Here we share all information about US passports such as age requirements, passport fees or how to renew our passport or apply.

Read: How to check Tax return Status?

U.S Passport Eligibility: To have a U.S passport, you need to be a U.S citizen by birth or naturalization or be a U.S National.

What to choose Passport Book or Passport Card

Depending on where you are traveling outside of thee U.S., you will need to determine if you need a passport book or a passport card.

  • A passport book is required for all international travel by air.
  • To enter the United State at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, you can use a passport book or a passport card.
  • A passport card is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book, but it cannot be used for international travel by air.

Items You Need to Apply for a U.S. Passport

Application Form – To complete the application for a passport book, card, or both together, first do one of the following:

Personal documents – You’ll need to bring all of the following:

  • An original proof of citizenship document
  • An acceptable photo ID document
  • A photocopy of the front and back of the citizenship document and photo ID document
  • Passport photo – Follow the photo requirements.
  • Payment – Calculate your passport fees.

How to Apply for a U.S. Passport

The application process is the same for either the passport book or card, even if you want both at the same time. You have to go in person to present your application.

From within the United States

  • if you need to get a passport in seven weeks or less, you will need an expedited process. To find out where you need to go and what additional fees you’ll pay, follow the given bellow steps to get a u.s passport quickly.
  • If you will be traveling in more than seven weeks, you can follow the regular application process and apply in person at a passport acceptance facility.

From Outside the United States

Contact the U.S. Embassy or consulate near you for information and forms to request a passport from outside the U.S.

How to Renew Your U.S Passport

You may be eligible to submit a passport renewal application by mail.

If you need to get a passport quickly, you will need to have your passport renewal expedited and pay additional fees.

  • To make an appointment at a Regional Passport Agency, call 1-877-487-2778; TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793 Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 10 PM ET. The appointment line is closed on weekends and federal holidays.
  • At your appointment, you’ll need to provide proof of immediate travel, an expedited fee, and the items listed below to renew your passport.
  • If you live outside the U.S. or Canada: Contact the U.S. embassy or consulate near you for information and forms on all passports requested from overseas.

Eligibility to Renew a U.S Passport

You can renew your current or expired U.S. passport unless your passport was;

  • Issued before your 16th birthday
  • Issued 15 or more years ago
  • Damaged, lost, or stolen
  • Issued in your previous name and you do not have a legal document like a marriage license to prove your legal name change

If any of these are true, you cannot renew your passport. Instead, you must apply for a new passport in person using form DS-11.

Items You Need to renew your passport

  • Application form – Use the renewal application form DS-82 (PDF, Download Adobe Reader). You can print it and fill it out by hand, or use the Passport Application Wizard to complete the form online and print it out. While applications can be filled out online, they cannot be submitted online. You can also get a DS-82 form at a local passport acceptance facility or regional agency.
  • Passport photo – Follow the photo requirements.
  • Payment – Include your passport fees.
  • Your most recent passport.
  • If your name has changed, you’ll need a certified copy of your marriage certificate or a court order of your name change.

The Passport Services Office returns the official documents you submit as supporting documentation.

Passports for Minors Under the Age of 18

The Department of State has rules to prevent children from being issued U.S. passports without the consent of both parents. It also has programs to protect children involved in custody disputes. They work to prevent a parent from taking a child abroad without the other parent’s consent.

Except for some 16 and 17-year-olds, all children must apply for a U.S. passport in person at a passport acceptance facility.

Children Under 16

Children under 16 need consent from both parents.

  • The best way is for both parents to go with their child to apply.
  • If one parent can not go, the parent in attendance must provide either:
  • The absent parent’s statement of consent or
  • Evidence of why the absent parent is not there

See step 7, Show Parental Consent on the State Department’s Children Under 16 passport page for forms to use and documents to provide.

Children 16 or 17 Years Old

Sixteen and 17-year-olds can:

  • Renew their passport by mail if it was issued when they were 16 or older
  • Go alone to apply for a passport if they:
  • Have their own identification document (ID) and
  • Provide a signed, notarized statement from one legal parent saying they approve of the teen getting a passport

Check the Status of Your Passport

Passport application processing times vary depending on the time of year. You can check the application’s status online six weeks after applying.

If you have questions about passports, go to the State Department’s website.

Passport Fees

Fees for renewing or getting a new passport depend on several factors such as:

If you are only getting a passport card, or
If you opt for expedited service
The passport application fee and the execution fee are non-refundable. They are collected and retained by law even if a passport is not issued.

You can find the fees you may have to pay using these State Department resources:

Passport Fees chart (PDF, Download Adobe Reader)
Passport Fee calculator

More useful article:

Leave a Comment

LeBron James, Lakers agree to 2-year, $97.1 million extension How to Get Shiny Venipede in Pokemon Go Asteroid 2.5 Times The Size of a Dinosaur Headed for Earth LG‘s T90s head-tracking spatial audio Earbuds WORTHWHILE PS5 ACCESSORIES AND GAMES